Cellular data networks are a great way to have internet access on the go, but they can also be a pain. This article will show you how to fix an issue where your iPhone is unable to connect to cellular data networks.
The could not activate cellular data network iphone 11 is a problem that has been present for a while. Apple has released 2 fixes to fix the issue.
Warm greetings, nerds….!! Welcome back to our site once again. Today I’m going to talk you something fascinating that has to do with iPhones. We all know that Apple goods are among the most dependable. However, users may sometimes encounter difficulties and problems. Now I’m going to talk about one of those problems, which is the iPhone’s inability to activate the cellular data network. If you’re searching for a solution to the problem of being unable to activate cellular data network on your iPhone, this is the post for you.
[PC: https://appletoolbox.com/] Error Message Let’s look at some of the reasons why your iPhone can’t activate its cellular network. There are a slew of possible causes for this problem. If you have a low network signal or a bad signal, you may have this problem. You’ll need to check a few basic settings to resolve this problem. Now, let’s look at some of the most effective ways to resolve this problem on your iPhone.
This article contains the following content:
Methods To Resolve The iPhone’s Couldn’t Activate Cellular Data Network Issue:
Here, I’ll show you the most effective ways for resolving the could not activate cellular data network problem on your iPhone. So, without further ado, let’s get this party started.
#1: Enable Cellular Data:
If you’re having trouble with this, all you have to do is switch on your cellular data. Please carefully follow the instructions outlined below.
- The first thing you should do is open your iPhone’s settings app.
- Make sure you choose the cellular option now. Then choose cellular data choices and cellular network from the drop-down menus.
Cellular Data may be toggled on and off.
- Check to see whether the toggled choices are in green.
- You may also enable data roaming by selecting the green option.
#2. Change Carrier Preferences:
This cellular data problem on iPhone may be resolved by changing your carrier settings. The majority of the time, you will need to upgrade your carrier. Please carefully follow the instructions outlined below.
- The first thing you need do is open the settings app and choose general.
- Make sure to choose About from the general menu.
Select About from the drop-down menu.
- If there is a carrier update available under the about option, you may simply install it on your iPhone.
[PC: https://appletoolbox.com/]Tap on Update.
#3. Turn On And Off Airplane Mode:
Enabling and disabling Airplane mode on your iPhone will resolve the problem of being unable to connect to a cellular data network. Please carefully follow the instructions outlined below.
- You may access the control panel by swiping up on your phone and turning off and on airplane mode.
Turn on the Airplane Mode.
- You may also go to settings and turn on and off airplane mode by clicking on it.
#4. Force Your Device to Restart:
This is one of the simplest ways for resolving the iPhone’s could not activate cellular data network problem. Force restarting your smartphone is the only thing you need to do. Please carefully follow the instructions outlined below.
Follow these instructions for iPhone 6 and older generations:
- The first thing you need to do is hit both the power and home buttons at the same time.
Toggle the Buttons
- Make careful to keep them in place for at least 10-15 seconds.
- The Apple logo will appear after that, and the device will be forced to start.
Follow the instructions below for iPhone 7 and later generations:
- The first step is to simultaneously press the power and volume down buttons on your phone.
- Make careful to keep them in place for at least 10 seconds.
- The Apple logo will appear on the screen after that, and the device will be forced to restart.
#5: Update to iOS:
If you’re having trouble activating your cellular data network on your iPhone, you’ll need to upgrade your iOS to the most recent version. Please carefully follow the instructions outlined below.
- The first step is to go to settings and choose general from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure to check for updates by clicking on software update.
Select Software Update.
If any updates are available, download and install the latest version.
#6. Reset Network Configuration:
If you’re seeking to reset your network settings, please follow the instructions below.
- The first thing you need do is go to settings and choose general.
- Now scroll down until you find the option to reset, and select it.
Press the Reset button.
- Then choose the option to reset network settings and wait for a while.
Select Reset Network Settings from the drop-down menu.
#7. Turn off LTE:
Long-Term Evolution (LTE) is the technology that allows you to connect to the internet at fast speeds. So, if you want to reduce your network connection, be sure to deactivate it. Please carefully follow the instructions outlined below.
- The first step is to go into settings and choose the cellular option.
- Make sure you choose cellular data choices from the cellular menu.
Select Cellular Data Options from the drop-down menu.
- Now choose Voice and 3G, and then select the 3G option.
#8. Make VPN profiles as clear as possible:
This technique is for iPhone users who are utilizing a VPN service. If you wish to clear the VPN profiles on your iPhone, use this technique.
- The first thing you need do is open the settings app and choose general.
- Make sure you choose the VPN option from the main menu.
- Make sure to click on the VPN profiles and delete all the lists under the VPN option.
The List Can Be Toggled And Deleted
- Finally, you may switch off the power to restart your iPhone.
#9: Replace SIM:
If you’re having trouble activating your cellular data network on your iPhone, it’s likely due to SIM issues. If none of the other techniques are working for you, you can just use this one.
SIM[PC: https://appletoolbox.com/] should be reinserted. Make sure your iPhone is turned off and your SIM slot is open. Remove your SIM card and wait a few moments. Now re-insert your SIM card and power on your iPhone. Toggle the data network choice to see if the problem persists.
#10: Get in touch with Apple Support:
Finally, if none of the previous techniques are functioning, it’s possible that you have internal damage or a hardware issue.
So, the final thing you could do is call Apple’s customer service team and explain your situation. They will come up with a solution for you.
- Why am I unable to activate my mobile data?
If you can’t get your mobile data to work, check sure your airplane mode is turned on and off.
- How do you repair an iPhone that won’t let you use cellular data?
If you want to repair an iPhone that won’t activate cellular data, you may use any of the techniques listed above.
- What does it mean when my iPhone says “cellular update failed”?
Yes, if you’re having trouble updating your cellular network, just re-insert your SIM and look for the error.
- How can I force my iPhone’s carrier settings to update?
You may do so by heading to settings>general>about and updating your carrier settings. The carrier settings update may now be installed.
Finally, if you’re searching for a solution to the problem of being unable to activate cellular data network on your iPhone, this article will assist you. In this post, I’ve outlined the top ten ways for resolving this issue. I hope you find this information to be very beneficial. Thank you for taking the time to read this article.
If you have any questions about this post, please ask them in the comments area, and if you find it helpful, please share it with your friends and family.
Thank you for selecting OMGEEKY.
My name is Nadhiya, and I work at OMGeeky as an editor and author. I like writing tech-related articles to assist my users. Apart from that, I like traveling, cooking, painting, singing, dancing, sharing knowledge, patience, a small group of friends, a happy soul, kindness, assisting the poor, being a shopaholic, and being a homely person.
Couldn’t activate cellular data network on iPhone is a common issue that many users experience. There are many fixes available to fix this issue, but they vary depending on the type of phone and iOS version. Reference: could not activate cellular data network new iphone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my iPhone say Cannot activate cellular data network?
You may not have cellular data turned on. To turn it on, go to Settings > Cellular and make sure the toggle switch is on.
Why does my phone keep saying Could not activate cellular data?
This could be caused by a number of factors, including the following:
How do I activate cellular data network on iPhone?
In order to activate cellular data network on your iPhone, you must first disable the Wi-Fi connection. To do this, open up your Settings app and go to Wi-Fi from there. Then turn off the toggle switch next to the Cellular Data Network.
- could not activate cellular data network iphone 12
- could not activate cellular data network iphone 7
- could not activate cellular data network ios 14
- could not activate cellular data network turn on cellular data or use wifi to access data
- you are not subscribed to a cellular data service