This feature is helpful when preparing a spreadsheet for printing, and the spacing between columns has been adjusted. With Microsoft Excel 2010 and later versions, users can simply select cells A1 through E30 (or an individual range of cells) to remove extra/unwanted spaces automatically in a worksheet.
The “how to remove trailing spaces in excel” is a question that has been asked by many people. This article will show you how to remove extra/unwanted spaces from an excel worksheet.
One option to make a better structured display of your data for school, job, or personal company is to use Microsoft Excel. You may carefully organize them so that each detail seems clean and ordered. It’s also a great way to share data collected with other users or submit reports.
The benefit of utilizing Microsoft Excel is that you may export and save the file in other forms, such as PDF, to keep its order and layout while sending it to someone.
Microsoft is the source of this image.
Unfortunately, importing an Excel worksheet will result in additional blank spaces in the file that aren’t required. Before the number or between lines, several following character spaces sneak in. There are various options for removing undesired leading or trailing spaces from your spreadsheet document cells.
Delete Unwanted Trailing or Leading Blank Spaces in Microsoft Excel Worksheet Cells Using These Techniques
Extra blank spaces on your Microsoft Excel worksheets will just add to the file’s clutter. You may maintain it neat by eliminating all of the leading character spaces in the spreadsheet that you don’t believe are necessary. Here are several approaches and solutions for doing it quickly and effectively.
Method 1: Use your Worksheet to enter the TRIM Formula.
Using the TRIM function in MS Excel, you can effortlessly eliminate an unneeded space. Here’s how to put it to use.
- Select the final column of your data on your Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Press the Home button to return to the previous screen.
- Insert is the option to choose.
- Select Insert Sheet Columns from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the following formula in the first cell of the new column: =TRIM(A1), where A1 is the cell containing the undesired space.
- Copy and paste the formula into the cells of the new column close to where the additional spaces should be removed.
- Select and copy all of the cells in the new column now.
- Press Shift+F10 to choose the first cell in the new column.
- Ctrl+V will paste it back in.
- Delete the new column after you’re finished.
Using the TRIM Button (Method #2)
If the TRIM formula is too hard for you or the function does not meet your needs, you may utilize the TRIM button on the ribbon to perform the same action on your Excel sheet cells. However, to make this function simpler for you, you’ll need to utilize a third-party Excel add-in called Ablebits.
- To begin, you’ll need to download and install Ultimate Suite for Excel.
- After that, open your Excel spreadsheet.
- All of the cells should be selected.
- Go to the Ablebits Data tab from the navigation bar.
- Trim Spaces should be selected.
- Select a method for removing the additional trailing spaces from your worksheet.
RECOMMENDED: To acquire the Ablebits add-in suite for your MS Office Excel program, click here.
Method #3 – Use a Workaround to Find and Replace
- Choose the columns that have most leading spaces.
- To open the Find & Replace window, use Ctrl+H.
- Press the space bar twice on the Find What option.
- Press the spacebar once to get to the Replace With option.
- Select Replace All from the drop-down menu.
- Click the OK button.
- Rep the steps as needed until nothing else has to be replaced.
Which of the methods above do you prefer for deleting an excess blank space from a Microsoft Excel worksheet? You may let us know what you think in the comments area below.
Watch This Video-
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get rid of extra spaces in an Excel spreadsheet?
A: The most effective way is to turn off the checkbox that allows this type of formatting in Excel. You can also use a tool like TextWrangler, which will do similar things.
Why is trim not removing spaces in Excel?
A: This is a limitation of Excel that has to do with the way it formats dates and times.
How do I remove blank spaces after text in Excel?
A: You can use the TRIM function in Microsoft Excel.
- how to remove space in excel after numbers
- excel remove leading spaces without formula
- remove trailing spaces in excel trim not working
- trim spaces button on the ribbon
- left trim function in excel